Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins

I haven't been baking muffins for ages now and decided to do so mid-week baking after work. Sometimes it's quite a stress reliever for me. I have friends who stress out by shopping, me on the other hand bake and I know for sure my office colleagues will be darn happy tomorrow morning.

Muffins are so easy to put together, you don't need a mixer, at times you don't need to cream the butter because the recipe calls for vegetable oil or at times melted butter, you only use at most 2 bowls (sometimes one will do)and I'm sure there is a whole lot more to add to this.




Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins
Makes 12 medium-sized muffins
Recipe adapted from the Baked Cookbook


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium-sized bananas)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
113g (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup of low-fat milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp strong instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp of hot water
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extra
1 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 180C (350F).

2) Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.

3) In a medium bowl, stir in the banana, sugars, butter, espresso, milk, vanilla extract and egg.

4) In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and gently add in the banana mixture. Stir into just combined.

5) Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

6) Fill each muffin tin about three quarters full and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.

7) Once cooked, move muffins to a cooking rack. The muffins can be stored in an air tight container for up to two days.





7 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow looks soft and yum......

Ramya Kiran said...

I love the flavour of banana with chocolate chips.
Your Muffins look damn good. You could have just dusted some icing sugar on top.

Anonymous said...

Terrific muffins, love the addition of espresso!

The Duo Dishes said...

We know just the folks who would love these. Banana and chocolate go oh so well together.

pigpigscorner said...

I can have 10 of those now! Banana & choc is always my fav. I tried making banana muffin once and they were rock hard, never made muffins again. Would love to try again someday!

Rush said...

im definitely trying this..first time here and ur dishes look great..will letr u know after trying..one question..is it okay if the banas are overripe? coz mine are getting..i was planning on making banana bread, instead im thinkin will try yours..email me on my blog, if thats okay!!

Rush said...

i just took the muffin tray out of the oven..couldnt wait and i guess my tongue is burnt, biting into a muffin..the yummilicious...loved them, my hubby loves it too..i just came to say thankyou...u made my weekend, im having it for breakfast tomo morn..u have a great weekend.goodnite

Related Posts with Thumbnails